Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hurry up and wait and wait and wait...

I’m still here!! As much as I have fallen in love with this country this is officially bumming me out…not even cause I’m stuck here but rather that they have us so tightly tethered to our hotel rooms awaiting information that we couldn’t really go anywhere if we wanted to…its ok though, they give me more money every day and I am not one to turn down free money…

The plane is fixed, now we’re just waitin on weather! Everyone keeps telling me that we’ll prolly be stuck till Monday at least, because they won’t fly on Sundays. Something tells me though that tomorrow is the day. Every day that we get pushed back the flight that comes after us gets pushed back and then the flight after them and on and on it goes. At this point I would say that Christchurch’s population has greatly increased because of the stranded soles waiting to hitch a ride south. They have doubled some people up in rooms as some of the hotels have no vacancy, because all of their rooms are filled with US!

The rumor is that after a couple of more days they will stop worrying about the order that we were intended to arrive and start loading the flights based on importance…apparently people need to eat almost as much as they need medical care, so if it comes down to that the DA’s and the medical staff will be flying together. So I will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment