Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hotel "So Freaking Awesome!!"

They are putting me up in quite possibly the coolest hotel ever!! Its called the "Hotel So". Super small, but very modern! I must admit that it was a little rough trying to drag all of my bags into such a small space but as soon as I got situated and figured out the bells and whistles, it turned out to be one of the most efficient uses of space that I have ever seen...THERE IS EVEN MOOD LIGHTING IN THE SHOWER!!

(I, personally, chose purple...my shower singing is horrific, but something about purple made me feel like I was in a cabaret, singing to people who actually wanted to listen to me. On the downside, about an hour later I could hear the people in the room next to me speaking at, what seemed to be, a normal level. So, I'm sure, that what I felt to be a profound preformance, when translated through a wall, probably sounded more like a dying cat...nonetheless, I recommend the mood lighting!!)

The bed is floating...yes - floating - on a cloud of blue light. The t.v. acts not only as a source of visual entertainment, but also as a digital fireplace (minus the heat), a view of the beach or mountains -which ever you may prefer at the moment - and as part of one of the most effective alarm clocks I have ever used...

(there is a bright light that slowly turns on over your bed, to emulate sunlight, and then the television turns on to the beautiful sight of the sunrise, provided by the camera on the roof of the hotel, accompanied by one of the catchiest "wake up"tunes that I have ever heard [not quite as effective as my personal fav, "I'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic", but it did the trick] ...first time in my life that I didnt hit the snooze button 15 times)

Quite frankly, stepping into room 437 felt more like boarding a space craft then entering a hotel room. Now all they need to do is replace the elevators with teleportation devices... beam me up, Scotty.

I gotta give credit where credit is due...if you're ever in Christchurch, this is the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment