Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 11

Spent the better part of my morning in the Pot Room with "Red", as I have resorted to calling him, talking about all sorts of different things. And While the conversation was nothing short of interesting the part that moved me the most started with a conversation about my intent to return next season. While I could not whole heartedly answer the question, it put into motion an entire conversation about the experience as a whole...the job, the social life, the scenery...everything. I spoke of how much I really do love this place and how much I appreciate it (even the second time around) but I also mentioned how ready I was to leave when the time came...but above all how QUICKLY the time came to leave.

Once that sun comes up for good the days run together and the only way you can tell the difference between Wednesday and Saturday is what was served for lunch; And you'll know a week has passed because its time for your day off again. You can't remember what you did 2 nights ago because there is no more night...There's not even a waxing and waning moon to guide you through a month...and before you know it your life has turned into one long day...but as the old adage goes, once the day ends, you find it wasn't long enough.

And here I am again, in a pot room at Winfly, and I'm preaching to someone else what I should in fact be preaching to a mirror...for now the sun is still rising and setting but the tide is changing quickly and my "one long day" will be here again before I know it.
I haven't even taken pictures yet which I find just a little miserable, and so I think the time has come to change my "sophomore" ways and feel what it feels like to be a "freshman" again. A place like this deserves to be appreciated and reveled in.

I'll take my own advice on this one, and just as I wrote on September 15, 2010 (on my first trip down south), I'll appreciate the little things in life, the everyday things...the things that may seem normal now, that will seem like gold once they're gone.

Stats for the day:
(Today was the 7th or 8th day of "Condition 2" weather out of the last 11...translation-Crappy[but still beautiful] weather)
Temperature: -12°C/10°F
Windchill: -23°C/ -9°F

Visibility(miles): 2 in snow and blowing snow
Wind(knots): SE @ 11

Sunrise: 9:38am
Sunset: 4:12pm

Population: 470


No comments:

Post a Comment