Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yearning for bordum...

Having been here now for about a month and looking back to when I was preparing to leave the states, I find it humorous that many people asked, "But what will you do down there? Wont you get bored?"...

Oh how I wish!! How I wish I could relax for a long enough period of time to get bored...how WONDERFUL that would be. Instead my social life has done the exact opposite, and I find myself going from dawn until dusk.
Ten hours of work keeps me pretty busy from 6 am until 4pm, and then with what little energy I can muster, I manage to top off the night with everything from driving shuttles and calling bingo numbers to spending time in the craft room or watching Science lectures in the Galley...and so it goes...I have been so concerned with doing everything that I can here, that it is often very easy for me to forget how much I really do like to be alone... and "alone" is becoming next to impossible. Its hard to believe that my tolerance level for people seems so low at times with a little over 500 people here, and in another month we are going to more than double that number...YIKES...

All that being said, I am going to attempt (attempt is the key word), to conduct my own personal experiment. As often as is possible and when there is an internet connection available I will record among other things, the weather, the population, and my tolerance for people on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being that I love the human race and 1 being just short of misanthropy.

So to start my experiment off right, the stats are as follows-
Weather: I didn't check the actual numbers today 
Number of days on ice: 29
Population:526
Tolerance for people: 9


The population starts to grow in the coming weeks...let the good times roll

No comments:

Post a Comment